Tuesday, May 26, 2009

9/11



There are few worldwide, life changing expereinces. Some of these experiences hit those closest to the event, but can effect everyone in one way or another. 9/11 was one of those life changing experiences for our generation. Whether we knew someone who died in the attack of the twin towers or not, 9/11 was a realization and an eye opener for all those watching. Not only during, but after the attacks, the uneasy feelings still lingered for years after.

9/11 is something I carry with me as my first, true experience of the world's brutality. I was young when it happened so as I got older I learned more and more about what actually happened that day, in turn, learning more about the people in this world and the relationship between different cultures and lifestyles.

Through a historical lens, this would and has been, one of the turning points in our history. Events in history shape future decisions and actions of not only our country, but countries around the world. This has changed America in such a huge way; it has brought us closer and more united as a country.

9/11 was a life changing event for the U.S. and the people involved. For me, it was the first real encounter of the harsh realities. It is something I carry with me as a reminder of how lucky I am to live in a country where, when we are faced with struggles and obsticles, we are a country that can overcome them and rise through as the a true united nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment